Toon Stig News

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Toon Stig News
Toon Stig News
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» LIFE BEHIND THE PAINT
Wolves vs Newcastle Pre-Match Report EmptyThu May 31, 2012 10:22 pm by Guest

» Where is everyone?
Wolves vs Newcastle Pre-Match Report EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:43 am by Magpie#1

» Today's News Headlines Round Up
Wolves vs Newcastle Pre-Match Report EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 9:42 am by Toon Stig

» Fan Interviews: Newcastle 1-0 QPR
Wolves vs Newcastle Pre-Match Report EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:43 pm by Magpie#1

» Guthrie Voted TSN MOTM
Wolves vs Newcastle Pre-Match Report EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:16 am by Toon Stig

» REPORT: Newcastle 1-0 QPR
Wolves vs Newcastle Pre-Match Report EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 4:54 am by Toon Stig

» RESULT: Newcastle 1-0 QPR
Wolves vs Newcastle Pre-Match Report EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 4:35 am by Toon Stig

» PREVIEW: Newcastle vs QPR
Wolves vs Newcastle Pre-Match Report EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 6:23 am by Toon Stig

» Pardew's Joy At Santon And Willo
Wolves vs Newcastle Pre-Match Report EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:34 am by Toon Stig

Gallery

Wolves vs Newcastle Pre-Match Report Empty

I forgot my password

Wolves vs Newcastle Pre-Match Report

2 posters

Go down

Wolves vs Newcastle Pre-Match Report Empty Wolves vs Newcastle Pre-Match Report

Post  Toon Stig Thu Sep 29, 2011 6:04 am

Newcastle head down to the Midlands this Saturday to play Wolves at The Molineaux, with The Magpies looking to continue there unbeaten run and stretch it to 7 PL games, where they currently sit in a healthy 4th in the table.

The last four matches between the teams, three of those have been 1-1, with Newcastle beating Wolves 4-1 at St. James' Park back in April.

In-form strike duo Leon Best and Dema Ba will be looking to continue their goal scoring for Newcastle this weekend.

Davide Santon played the full 90 minutes for Newcastle Reserves on Tuesday night beating Swansea Reserves 5-3 and has stated his desire to break into the First Team. The Italian will be included in the squad. Shola Ameobi, Alan Smith and Mike Williamson are out injured.

Alan Pardew will be looking to keep the same team together that beat Blackburn 3-1.

Last edited by Toon Stig on Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Toon Stig
Toon Stig
Owner
Owner

https://www.facebook.com/ToonStigNUFC

Back to top Go down

Wolves vs Newcastle Pre-Match Report Empty Re: Wolves vs Newcastle Pre-Match Report

Post  Guest Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:17 am

I am feeling extremely positive about this next match!
Can't stand Big Nose McCarthy so will be hoping for a convincing win :-)

Back to top Go down

Wolves vs Newcastle Pre-Match Report Empty Re: Wolves vs Newcastle Pre-Match Report

Post  atykins1986 Fri Sep 30, 2011 7:28 am

(Unbeaten in 11 games actually if you count the last three of last season)

Its quite extraordinary that no team competitively has broken us down since the beginning of May, that said there's been nervy times when we're either a goal up or all square but thats just ordinary for Toon fans. Despite that, its slowly starting to come together in terms of results and I don't think any fan would've said by the end of September that we would be 4th and also maintaining it. Very Happy

Given the form we've built up, it should be plain sailing at Molineux on Saturday by winning...however I think we need to air on the side of caution a bit and not take it for granted. As long as Pardew keeps the same XI that beat Blackburn at home last Saturday and stick to a similar style of attacking football that kept Rovers at bay, then the win is more likely. If Santon is in the 16 for the trip to Wolves (I doubt he'll start) then I would happily give him 15-20 minutes to slowly blend into the team.

Wolves are a stickler for picking up big wins against the big sides, especially against the current top 3 during last season (beat Man Utd 2-1, beat Man City 2-1 and beat Chelsea 1-0) However the form at Molineux this season has been poor, their last two home results were contrasting defeats, a predictable 2-0 defeat to Spurs but perhaps a shock was the 3-0 mauling by QPR. On that basis, Toon should be capable of going there and taking all 3 points.

Given them facts I think Toon should go there and win 1-0 or 2-1.

atykins1986
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:01 am

I love your in depth analysis there.
I look forward to reading more posts from you in the near future!!

Back to top Go down

Post  Toon Stig Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:31 am

told you Simon that it was a good idea in you joining up Wink
Toon Stig
Toon Stig
Owner
Owner

https://www.facebook.com/ToonStigNUFC

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum