Toon Stig News

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Toon Stig News
Toon Stig News
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Latest topics
» LIFE BEHIND THE PAINT
Aston Villa vs Newcastle United Pre-Match Report EmptyThu May 31, 2012 10:22 pm by Guest

» Where is everyone?
Aston Villa vs Newcastle United Pre-Match Report EmptyTue Jan 31, 2012 9:43 am by Magpie#1

» Today's News Headlines Round Up
Aston Villa vs Newcastle United Pre-Match Report EmptyMon Jan 23, 2012 9:42 am by Toon Stig

» Fan Interviews: Newcastle 1-0 QPR
Aston Villa vs Newcastle United Pre-Match Report EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 12:43 pm by Magpie#1

» Guthrie Voted TSN MOTM
Aston Villa vs Newcastle United Pre-Match Report EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 8:16 am by Toon Stig

» REPORT: Newcastle 1-0 QPR
Aston Villa vs Newcastle United Pre-Match Report EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 4:54 am by Toon Stig

» RESULT: Newcastle 1-0 QPR
Aston Villa vs Newcastle United Pre-Match Report EmptyMon Jan 16, 2012 4:35 am by Toon Stig

» PREVIEW: Newcastle vs QPR
Aston Villa vs Newcastle United Pre-Match Report EmptySat Jan 14, 2012 6:23 am by Toon Stig

» Pardew's Joy At Santon And Willo
Aston Villa vs Newcastle United Pre-Match Report EmptyFri Jan 13, 2012 4:34 am by Toon Stig

Gallery

Aston Villa vs Newcastle United Pre-Match Report Empty

I forgot my password

Aston Villa vs Newcastle United Pre-Match Report

2 posters

Go down

Aston Villa vs Newcastle United Pre-Match Report Empty Aston Villa vs Newcastle United Pre-Match Report

Post  Toon Stig Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:29 am

By Toon Stig

Newcastle United face Aston Villa at Villa Park this Saturday, in their 5th match of the season.

Newcastle beat Villa 6-0 last season at St. James' Park which will still be in the memory of both sets of fans and players.

Both teams are currently unbeaten in the league.

Aston Villa's Emile Heskey and Jermaine Jenas are out injured.

Newcastle are still without Hatem Ben Arfa.
Davide Santon will not make his debut and could be out for a month (Ligament Damage).
Dan Gosling is looking to feature more in the first team.

Newcastle will be looking to play alot better than they did against QPR.

Last edited by Toon Stig on Sat Sep 17, 2011 4:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Toon Stig
Toon Stig
Owner
Owner

https://www.facebook.com/ToonStigNUFC

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa vs Newcastle United Pre-Match Report Empty Re: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United Pre-Match Report

Post  toonhagz Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:45 pm

Not had a look at Gosling any good? not hopeful of many goals in this game but i hope the strikers find there feet soon. haway the lads.

toonhagz
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa vs Newcastle United Pre-Match Report Empty Re: Aston Villa vs Newcastle United Pre-Match Report

Post  Guest Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:30 am

Gosling played a blinder against Norwich in a 6-0 win for the reserves the other night and scored 2. Hopefully a sign of things to come from him.

Back to top Go down

Post  Toon Stig Sat Sep 17, 2011 1:30 am

Ive been a fan of Gosling since his Everton days and they certainly know what a good youngster is.
I was proper glad to see him sign for Toon.
With time and patience he can be a cracking player.
Toon Stig
Toon Stig
Owner
Owner

https://www.facebook.com/ToonStigNUFC

Back to top Go down

Aston Villa vs Newcastle United Pre-Match Report Empty Need Massive Improvement and Consistency

Post  Phileas Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:50 am

Both Newcastle and Villa will be desperate to keep their respective unbeaten runs going and Villa will definitely still have the taste of that 6-nowt masacre at the beginning of last season still in their mouth. So I think this is going to be a tough game for us.

We will definitely have to play better than we did against QPR who should have put 5 or 6 us. I think this is another away where the first 20 minutes will completely dictate the rest of the game so hopefully we can put the R's performance behind us and come out punching.

Villa play decent attacking football and will be yet another serious threat to our defensive line who are, let's face it, punching a little above their weight at the minute - confidence is a strange and wonderful thing... long may it last!!!

There's also a plethera of ex-Newcastle players at Villa Park and Shay Given more than most will be up for it no doubt... his failed "move for money" to City probably has him wishing he never left the Toon where he could have easily kept the #1 shirt... I'm glad, I think Tim Krul is a better all round keeper at this point in time.

While I'm certain they won't all feature Baye, Irleand, Jenas and Insomnia would all enjoy putting one over on us as well so whatever has been going on in the Toon Camp so far this season will have to be increased and we'll really need to take this game by the scruff of the neck if we want to get anything from it. Oh for a "Joey Barton" right now.

It's very early season-wise and we all know that our lofty spot of 4th is very deceiving... after all, we've only scored THREE goals. I don't rate Darren Bent as an England forward at all - but I'll bet a pound to a penny that he notches up 20 strikes for the Villians this season - you can pick our best two forwards and we'll be lucky if they match him combined.

Overall, I'm worried about this one but ever hopeful that Best or Ba can finally get a grip and start doing what they are paid for and start putting the ball in the back of the net.

Howay the Lads.

Phileas

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down